 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15029
15028  |  15030
Subject:
Since this NG is pretty well always OT...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 03:11:35 GMT

Here's a really neat disassembly of a Canon EF 28-105 USM, USM being Ultra Sonic
Motor focusing, a no-gearing way of turning the lens elements in a camera lens.
I like the focus key curve which adjusts the elements according to how far you
want to zoom in.  Clever.

I suspect what happened to my damaged Canon EF-S 17-85 IS USM is pretty similar.

http://www.photoscene.com/sw/tour/inside.htm

Calum