 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1436
1435  |  1437
Subject:
fun model building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:45:41 GMT

howdy, writing this post to say that I had some fun last night (Wednesday
night) making some models (MOC's).  I started the evening designing a fire
truck (basically from scratch) using the "chasis" of the ladder truck from
the 6382 Fire Station....<this was from the half-station I had gotten a
couple weeks earlier off e-bay; half station was more like pieces here, pieces
there, etc. etch.>

Anyways, I made a few "modifications" on the chasis, and began to build up.
When it was done it looked like a pretty good partner for the large snorkel
unit (that I had constructed a few weeks earlier, the one I brought for
Robotics 8 and the last "show and tell".)  The fire truck is medium-sized
engine / pumper unit, vs. a large-sized snorkel unit (of the other fire Moc).

Then, my mom wanted me to make a "diorama" / model for my sister and her
school project....I don't remember the guy's name....some explorer for the
Hudson's Bay Company.....well I took a baseplate from the Rocky River Retreat.
<the one with the river in the middle and studs on each side, with an
"island" in the middle>....
then took the pieces from Fort Legoredo (4 castle-like wall pieces that
looked like logs), as well as the grey door and one grey window with the
brown shutters, and made a "small" log cabin, with a slopping red roof (also
from Fort Legoredo).

I took a scruffy face from a Fans Grandstand, along with a generic striped
town mini-fig body, with a pirate "scarf" hat... <he> was placed by a
"pirate" boat that was filled up with "furs" (cut out fabric from my mom)

Another figure was from Fort Legoredo, the "blonde haired - helper" who
was given a black moustache and goatee, he was given a wine goblet, and
pistol sidearm.  He was placed in front of a fire....logs with a "fire"
in the middle, and frying pan by the flame.

The other figure was mounted on a horse...this guy was taken from a metroliner
train I had gotten that day, he was "glued" to one of the seats in the coach
car, I yanked it out of the coach car, as gently as possible...he was given
a rifle, and back-pack...."his" horse was given a pick.

Needless to say, I was quite impressed at myself for putting the scene
together in such short time... I think it took just as long to put the
scene together, as building the fire tender....

I wish I had a camera...but I promise that I will bring both the "diorama"
and the new model fire engine to the next "show and tell" in July...or
when I get the nerve to buy a camera...

cheers and I hope you have as much fun with your lego as I do,

Benjamin Medinets