 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12098
Re: Not Re: NOT Re: Not no more [ ]'s from Dave
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 19:44:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Scott Lyttle wrote:
So I'm watching CMT last night for no real reason, but they show the Dukes of
Hazzard reunion movie from a few years back...

And tonite they're showing the first ep. of Dukes from season 1 (the good
season)

So I'm taken back to '79...  I was all of 12.  Ahhh, seeing the General Lee on
the tube again...

:)

Dave K

Dave,

Did you know they actually filmed the first few episodes in Georgia?  I was just
reading an article on it in a local Georgia Magazine...anytime "y'all" come down
to Georgia, I'll give you the article and let you try and find the places...

Scott Lyttle

I actually did know that, but gleaned the info last week from IMDB.com.  I'm
also noticing that the first few eps. of DoH is a little more 'adult' than the
rest of the series--talking about pregnancies, cousins sleeping with cousins,
etc... and Daisy playing more on her 'feminine wiles', but she did seem to keep
that up thru thr est of the series, though not as much.

Anyway, sad that the producers a) left Georgia, to go to some backlot in
Hollywood 'cause the exterior scenes were more diverse in the first 4 eps than
in the entire rest of the series, b) 'dumbed the show down' to the level of 14
year olds, losing the more 'adult' (read 'intelligent' (well, as far as 'Dukes
of Hazzard can be considered intelligent)) stories and themes , and c) focused
more on the car instead of the people for the rest of the series.

Those are just things I've noticed.

But that is a mighty fine good lookin' car...

Maybe I paint the Dakota orange an put a Canadian Flag on the roof, and put 00
on the sides...

Nyaah...

Dave K