 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12088
Re: outta da way RCX, I want a TOPOBO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 16:43:57 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ed McGlynn wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I didn't see the film so can't say, but am I mistaken in thinking that the
connectors looked like LEGO cross axles in some cases?

The creators' white paper stated that mechanical connections were composed of
existing LEGO Technic elements, so I think you're right, Lar.

Thanks for doing my homework for me, Ed!

This does lead to the next question, though... did they get support from LEGO
(in the form of some custom low volume moldwork or whatever) for their prototype
plastic parts/housings? I think LEGO may have helped the Media Lab this way in
the past.

I think this looks a neat toy. I have to confess that I'm not totally sure I see
the applicability to larger projects though, if all it can do is repetitive
(trained by human) motion. But the master/slave aspect (multiple units playing
back one motion) is interesting.