 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11950
Re: Dinner this Friday?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 21:24:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
Just curious if there is a dinner this Friday or not??

Jeff VW

I hadn't scheduled one.  How about next Friday?

Calum

Tath'll give me more time to figure out what I'm going to do about a personal
transportation related problem.

See, the mighty Dodge was one of 154 vehicles pulled off the road this
weekend--the reason--under my clutch pedal, the steel is swiss cheese.  Of
course, they did the check at King Road and the 400 (just above Wonderland).

So to get the pickup towed back to Winona would've been around 400 bucks.  So I
got it towed to my Barrie branch.  Now I don't know what to do with it.

Mechanic thinks it'll be around 3-400 bones to get safetyed.  I'd fix the holes
in the floorboard.  The big question is will it pass emissions?

Papa says buy new.  Yeah, as if I can afford that, even if it's like 199/mo.

Friends say buy used from this little truck shop out in Ridgeway--get a pickup
for 5000-10,000 dollars.

I'm of the mind to just get mine fixed, but kinda on the fence.  Had the thing
for 4 yearsish, and now it has 300,000+ km on it...

Anyway, bottom line is I'm without wheels, and debating what I'm going to do
about it.

Thankfully workers go right by my house, so there's no immediate worry about
getting a paycheque.

Dave K
-who was seen on the telly this weekend, talking about his rusty Dodge.