 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11388
Re: A 'small' video of my home layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 22:34:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Stuart Stanley wrote:
Great Idea, Like to see more of these. Maybe one day ill get my own
layout...

Stuart Stanley
(This is my first post!!)

Nice first post :)

I'm thinking that I'm going to paint my walls a sky blue, or maybe even bley ;),
instead of that awful colour that the walls are now.

As well, I'm trying to add landscaping.  THat's the fun part.

Thanks for the post!

Take care,

Dave

How did you attach the video camera to the train car to stop it falling off,
also how much higher than a normal train was it - it would be nice to see it
going through a tunnel : )
Nice setup with the RCX etc - when you use an RCX, do you have to update the
firmware - then can it only be used for trains (im prety new to all this). One
idea i did have, was to put a touch sensor (or infra red beam) at each end of a
platform, and so when both are pushed in (or broken) it cuts power to the
train/track for a number of seconds (allowing the train to seem to stop to
pickup or dropoff passengers)the you could even try a platform rotation thing
(like they do in legoland wndsor) where the train blocks the view as the
platform rotates giving a lot of people or a few people(as if they are getting
on the train)

anyway thats enouh of that!

One day i will get enough brick to build something big

Stuart (Stanley)