 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11122
Re: 10029 Lunar Lander Errors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:29:56 GMT

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10029

I just got around to building 10029 Lunar Lander.  It's a really nice
set, and I like the completed model.  But the instructions are full of
errors.  I counted three separate errors.  This is after I decided I
should start keeping track, so there could be more.

Two of them the step inventory had the wrong number of parts for the
step.  The other one the step inventory had the correct pieces, but the
step showed different pieces being applied.  Only if you used the
inventory pieces would the model be possible to complete.

I know others have noted this too, but there are a surprising number of
errors in Lego Instruction as of late.  What gets me is a properly
automated process would make these instruction errors almost impossible.

Hopefully this is just growing pains of a new process and not a trend.
It's very frustrating to have to back out several steps to correct for
an instruction error.  I really enjoyed the process of constructing a
set by the instructions.  There is a nice enjoyable flow to it.  In the
old days these kind of errors would never happen and it felt great.  Now
with these error cropping up all over, it just detracts from the whole
building experience.

Derek

Derek,

  I had a similar experience with the Street n' Mud Racer.  We, the hobbiests,
have a pretty automated process for creating building instruction imagery.  I'm
suprised that LEGO's is not as automated as ours.  I find that very interesting.
There are still things that LEGO can do with their instructions that LPub cannot
do, but I've got those issues on the list, and hope to catch up with them
someday.

Kevin