 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11116
Re: Peeron is minty
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 07:09:27 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@ascentialsoftwareDOTcom> wrote:

++Lar (geeked because he just rode Timberland Twister, a new coaster • (offically
opened Monday) by Gerstlauer, which is claimed to be the first coaster • with
spinning cars in which the riders sit across from each other...

Not really.  Caripro opened a few years ago Sky Rider at Skyline Park in
Germany with riders facing the centre of the inverted cars (
http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery1454.htm?Picture=1 ).  Regardless an
epic layout thats wining huge reviews from the enthusiasts that did the
preview a few weeks ago...

Regardless, it's an awesome looking ride, and I'm jealous of anyone who's
gotten to ride it.  Gerstlauer's new Bobsled for Freizeitpark Klotten is
mint.  They're going to have an awesome year for 2004 (including Typhoon
opening at Bobbejaanland plus a custom highly themed unit in Japan with a
very compact layout).

Also:

http://freizeitparkweb.de/cgi-bin/dcf/dcboard.cgi?az=read_count&om=1270&foru
m=DCForumID39&viewmode=all

*Want*.  (And I'm not talking about the hot German chicks)  Europe got all
the good stuff this year.

    Iain (who rode Italian crap today at Skydome.  Ugh.)