 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11079
11078  |  11080
Subject:
Interface Box Emergency Question!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:56:58 GMT

Hey everyone, I know this is way OT, but I know a bunch of you guys have the
DACTA interface boxes, so I thought I'd ask this here.

I'm working at CTW this week, and they're using winXP for the first time.
Running the Control Lab software in '98 emulation mode' makes it sort-of work,
but it's very laggy and unreliable... pretty hard to explain to a camper about
why sensors are better than timing delays when the sensor response has a huge
delay.

We have Robolab 2.5, but no one knows how to configure it for the Interface Box.
Does anyone know of a page explaining this, or better yet, a patch/fix for the
Control Lab software. I know some of you did Java with the boxes, but what about
other alternatives?

Thanks,
Mike