 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11076
11075  |  11077
Subject:
gee, thanks.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:24:28 GMT

Well, I need to thank you guys.  (luckily, nothing is OT in this group)

Over the weekend, I went to Chicago, and met with other AFoLs for lunch.  It's
always nice getting together with others who share the same hobbys.

We had a very peaceful lunch, not having to worry about people constantly
stopping by asking silly questions like "I see your drink has been empty for ten
minutes.  Would you like a refill?"

When we were done, our waiter also didn't bother us by prodding us to pay the
check.  In fact he may have forgotten all about it, if we hadn't gone and found
him.

But here's where I need to thank you.  When he brought our bill, I ask him to
have the automatic 18% tip removed BEFORE it was charged to my credit card.
That way I didn't have to worry about them taking up a collection to return my
money.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I object to paying 18%.  Normally, I only ask
one thing when I go out.  If they can keep my drink from getting empty, I
usually leave a 20% tip.  The more time it spends empty, the less the tip.

So, I guess he took the bill back to the manager.  When it came back, there was
no tip, I paid with my Master Card, and I was happily on my way to the LEGO
store.

Practicing with you guys made this experience much easier.

Thanks
Steve

Dinner with wife and other AFoLs: $44.00
Tip for missing waiter: $0.00
First trip to Pick-A-Brick (with Technic): $65.00
Knowing how to handle the Automatic 18% Tip: Priceless