 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1020
Re: Identifying track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 15:23:50 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden writes:
Hi guys,

At the last dinner we were discussing how to differentiat between each
others track. one of the ideas was to use different coloured plate
combinations for different people.

Any thoughts on this?

Hi Jeff,

Iain brought up a small issue which was that what if people wanted to
rearrange track beyond segments-so I tried this sticker thing.

I was experimenting with stickers last night and found little (about 1/4" by
1/8") labels work decently.  I cut a row off the sticker paper and stuck
them inside the cavity under the track.  It works really well, except it's a
little time consuming.  I printed up a pile initials for myself, you, Iain
and Dave and will bring them along.

I should have all my track (7x8 pieces of straight, 8x8 pieces of curve,
three pairs of switches) labelled for tomorrow.   For everyone that's not on
labelling yet, how about just picking a colour for your plate and posting
followup to this thread?

Calum

Hello,

I already put some sticker with my initial under my track

30 straigth
10 curves
1 pair of switches

by the way Kevin and Pierre will not be there, so I'll be the only
representative of MonLUG

Martin