 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *16759 (-100)
  Re: Christmas Train Show

I would love to do a big bridge. But I think my efforts should focus on my part of the layout. :-( But maybe we could have a big bridge building party at my place. Oh and the height problem, isn't a problem. The bridge comes in on our second level. (...) (18 years ago, 25-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Christmas Train Show

(...) Feel free to pinch (URL) this design> if you want. ROSCO (18 years ago, 25-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Christmas Train Show

Jeffy and I talked about the height difference--he thinks we can handle it. Thinking about it, I think we can, too 'cause the feet on our table s are adjustable. That said, we will need a pretty long bridge--say about 4-5 feet. Can anyone make this? (...) (18 years ago, 25-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Canadian Space Force - Canuck

(...) Snip (...) I think... "Holy Macinaw... he shoots, he scoooooooores!" Nice job Jeff. I must admit, I picked up a number of those hockey sets myself, and aside from building a larger "Arena" I was convinced that I would "brasso" off the other (...) (18 years ago, 25-Sep-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Too much time on their hands...

(...) (URL) there is some room for improvement. Animation on full length of the song, to name one. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen (18 years ago, 24-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OMG

(...) "I got your Lappy", Janey "Some ppl need a new hobby, Red Brick" [Please note the < key left on the table.] (18 years ago, 24-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  OMG

Lappy has been kidnapped! Derek (18 years ago, 24-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Aerotrain/hovertrain in Lego?

(...) If you built a maglev then a Lego propeller (as mentioned elsewhere in the thread) should be powerful enough to power it, due to the much reduced friction. Control would be another matter... Tim (...) (18 years ago, 23-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Canadian Space Force - Canuck

(...) Really well done, Jeff. To see the actual details in real life was a treat, it's very inspiring. Calum (18 years ago, 23-Sep-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: The Canadian Space Force - Canuck

(...) Jeff, This is an amazing MOC. The perfect example of humor + wicked sweet building skillz. One of the best SHIPs I've seen! -Lenny (18 years ago, 23-Sep-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: The Canadian Space Force - Canuck

(...) I think it's beautiful! The hatch doors are great! Let's play hockey!! I mean, let's go into space! Dave K (18 years ago, 23-Sep-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Aerotrain/hovertrain in Lego?

(...) I've toyed with that solution, but how do you propel a hovertrain in LEGO? If it has something that touches the track, that would make it not fully hoverable... -Rob www.brickmodder.net www.lifelites.com (18 years ago, 22-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Aerotrain/hovertrain in Lego?

(...) Mark & Ross Benz of BAYLUG created a working mag-lev train using lego train magnets. It canbe done, it just might get expensive if you use an all-Lego solution. IIRC, they used (URL) on the track and (URL) under the train body. Paul Sinasohn (...) (18 years ago, 22-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: The Canadian Space Force - Canuck

Sorry about the spelling, I am sleeply this morning :( (URL) Introducing the Canadian Space Forces newest ship The Canuck The idea for this ship came to me as I was trying to find a use for the Hockey tiles from the Minifig Hockey set. This MOC was (...) (18 years ago, 22-Sep-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  The Canadian Space Force - Canuck

(URL) Interducing the Canadian Space Forces newest ship The Canuck The idea for this ship cam to me as I was trying to find a use for the Hockey tiles from the Minifig Hockey set. This MOC was first displayed at Brickfest 2006. It took a bit longer (...) (18 years ago, 22-Sep-06, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX) !!

  Re: Aerotrain/hovertrain in Lego?

(...) Making it hover in Lego (as opposed to running on monorail wheels) might be a challenge! Tim (18 years ago, 22-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Christmas Train Show

(...) Yes we do... November 18,19 2006, International Centre, Airport Road Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and now, so do you. Janey "Im so very helpful today, Red Brick" (18 years ago, 22-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Christmas Train Show

i would like to be there as well. if we can figure out a spot for me, and work allows. Cheers Oliver "David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:J5yI67.HJy@lugnet.com... (...) (18 years ago, 22-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Christmas Train Show

Do we know the date of the Train Show? Derek (18 years ago, 21-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Christmas Train Show

Hey all, I'll need some final numbers for the train show this November. So far I know that there'll be-- Derek Jeff Jeremy Calum Janey Dave Who else? I'll also need the size we want to display in--what's the size of the new core layout? We should (...) (18 years ago, 21-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Aerotrain/hovertrain in Lego?

(...) Looks like something from Thunderbirds :) (18 years ago, 20-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Aerotrain/hovertrain in Lego?

(...) Forgive me for butting into the convestation, but have you ever considered building a pair of Mindstorm controlled round houses for your Aerotrain? You could build a pair of passenger stations (one on each end of the track) that were really (...) (18 years ago, 20-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Aerotrain/hovertrain in Lego?

(...) Hm. The monorail wheels are pretty smooth-- I wonder if you could use the big Lego fans to actually drive a little car forward... Hm. I'd guess the battery box would be WAY too heavy to make it move. And certainly not enough to make it go up (...) (18 years ago, 20-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Aerotrain/hovertrain in Lego?

(...) Mine goes only straight, that's right. As mine is 6 wide, I cannot use the "stop track". So I made a track without the gear rack. Don't forget to turn off the motor when it reach the end to preserv the battery ;) For the real one, hum, I (...) (18 years ago, 20-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Aerotrain/hovertrain in Lego?

Very Nice! I had not seen that on brickshelf before. I am asuming the real thing and the lego version both only go straight, correct? -Rob A> (...) (18 years ago, 20-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Aerotrain/hovertrain in Lego?

(...) Hi Rob, I built it for one of our train shows, in Orleans, France, November 2004. Orleans is the native town of the aerotrain, so I tought we should show one with LEGO bricks ;). (URL) I used monorail base and motor to do it. I wanted to make (...) (18 years ago, 20-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Aerotrain/hovertrain in Lego?

I foud this curious picture: (URL) It is (poorly translated by google) a hovertrain, that runs on a monorail style track, with a jet(?) engine driving it forwards. they referred to it as a "plane without wings". Any ideas on how this could be (...) (18 years ago, 20-Sep-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Dinner Followup?

(...) Hey, I somewhat resemble that remark!! :) (...) Hey, I wish I resembled that remark ;) (...) I wish I could have gone. Didn't get a chance. Sounds like the usual Lego Esprit de Corps. Ben M. (18 years ago, 16-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Dinner Followup?

(...) You oughtta hear what we say about people 'out of country'! Make a sailor blush... Dave K (18 years ago, 14-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Dinner Followup?

(...) Don't worry, Rob. I doubt they really have anything more interesting to talk about than (A) living some place else and (B) the ability to build more than one robot. Personally, I think both these things are good... Steve (18 years ago, 14-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Dinner Followup?

(...) Oooooohhh boy! Was there ever!! We talked about all those people who think they're part of rtlToronto but never come to dinner so we talked about them behind their backs--especially those pseudo-rtl'ers that live in St. Kitts! We also talked (...) (18 years ago, 14-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Dinner Followup?

(...) Well, I showed my prototype game board, we made Chris cry...I should have the game board for 22 up on the site soon... Calum (18 years ago, 14-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Dinner Followup?

So what happened? Anything interesting discussed? -Rob A> (18 years ago, 13-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Gil the Crab

The crab has a name (Gil) and his own my space page. (URL) (18 years ago, 12-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Oh no, someone beat Derek!

(...) Ya, Calum has already been taunting me privately with these pictures. The truth is I'm not going to be first out of the gate. It just too big a project and I have too many other projects to work on as well. I'm looking to get into the second (...) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Oh no, someone beat Derek!

(URL) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BINGO!

(...) That was my personal best too. Alas, Chris has won with 10. Whether he made that up or not...he sent me a picture of it. Very impressive. Calum (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  BINGO!

Oh yeah- 6 slices: (URL) Who da man! -Rob A> (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Anyone need a Battlestar Galactica Fix

(...) What do you know, I fixed it. Or found the fix and applied it. It's a little odd that this can happen, but the fix was simple enough. (URL) (18 years ago, 7-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Anyone need a Battlestar Galactica Fix

(...) from Safari and Firefox. So I can't watch these, or homestar runner or anything fun on the internet. Even the badger page has lost it's charm. The problem seems to stem from my Bluetooth headset. Some how the browsers, or their plugins got (...) (18 years ago, 7-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Anyone need a Battlestar Galactica Fix

Not On topic... but what is these days ;) SciFi is releaseing 10 mini webisodes every Tuesday and Thursday from now to the Oct 6th Season 3 preimere Good luck trying to view it from www.scifi.com but You can see the first two on You Tube!! (URL) VW (18 years ago, 7-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Yet another set of Brickfest images...

(...) Thanks for posting them, I enjoyed looking through the gallery! Calum (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: It's Party Time! (this Saturday!!!)

(...) **cut** (...) Congrats!!! I get married next Friday to a German fella, also an AFOL :D Have a great time! We will next weekend at LL Hotel ;) Mel (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] September Monthly Dinner

Hey folks, Friday, September 8th, 2006. 7PM Swiss Chalet 5487 Dundas Street West Toronto, Ontario It's time again for our monthly dinner... See you this Friday. I will try and bring a formalized rtl21 game board. Calum (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  It's Party Time! (this Saturday!!!)

So for those of you that are friends o' mine, you know that Sandy and I are getting hitched! Yippee!! To have a bit of a pre-wedding get-together, we're having a 'Stag 'n Doe' (Jack 'n Jill... whatever) on Saturday, September 9th. There'll be food, (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Graffiti Decals

(...) Thanks, Rob. I am not a rtltoronto person but I think some other groups might be interested in these as well. (I know I am!) x-posted to .town & .trains Jonathan (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Graffiti Decals

I came across this site: (URL) that sells decals of graffiti for model trains (click on a scale for thumbnails). Thought these might be of interest to someone either building trains or inner city neighborhoods, desiring some tagging action :) -Rob (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Yet another set of Brickfest images...

(...) I had totally forgotten this image was part of the keynote presentation: (URL) think LEGO gained a bit of cred with that slide, even though I don't remember that the actual answer was particular satisfying. Just addressing the issue was a big (...) (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Yet another set of Brickfest images...

You can find my Brickfest images here: (URL) I think I have finally caught up on my sleep... Jeff VW (18 years ago, 5-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Vending Machines...!

No, not THOSE vending machines... (URL) iPod Vending Machine ain't got nothing on these. (URL) (18 years ago, 4-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Regional Jet

(...) Calum, a very nice model - I really enjoyed reading through your webpage to see how you built the plane. I did see it in passing while going through the rounds Sunday at BrickFest, but didn't get a close look. Rats. The jet intake solution you (...) (18 years ago, 3-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Regional Jet

(...) I guess I should make that a clickable link: (URL) I should also thank the guys at ME Models, who built the amazing airport model upstairs at BrickFest 2006 where I took the pictures of the plane. Calum (18 years ago, 2-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Regional Jet

Hi folks, Here are some pictures of a project I built, a sort of scale model of a Bombardier CRJ200 Regional Jet: (2 URLs) (18 years ago, 2-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  Re: Boot to the Head

(...) I guess a positive in that department is that we've already outgrown the Sheraton! ;) Maybe the next venue will have better services within walking distance. I am a big fan of places located in an area where I can walk to food and such. I hate (...) (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BrickFest 2006 Photos

(...) Thanks! I'm glad people like them. Sometimes I stick out like a sore thumb at these events shooting, but I hope the end result looks good. (...) About the shot of Jamie Berard onwards, except the MDP shots, are done with the new 70-200 f2.8L (...) (18 years ago, 31-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BrickFest 2006 Photos

(...) Great Photos! It's almost like being there. Or it's like being at more of the fest then I managed to make it to. I love the fact that you concentrate on the people in your photographs. Any of these taken with the 70-200? Derek (18 years ago, 30-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  BrickFest 2006 Photos

Hey guys, Here are some photos I took at BrickFest 2006. Unlike most of the other galleries presented so far, they are more people oriented, including some of the faces that make BrickFest what it is. (URL) hope you enjoy them. Calum (18 years ago, 30-Aug-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 45 Degree Crossing Ready

There are definitely improvements that need to be made. As it is right now this cross over is very hard on train wheels. What you suggest is one of two major improvements that could be made to this cross over. The other is to build up a base that (...) (18 years ago, 29-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 45 Degree Crossing Ready

(...) Not bad for a first attempt! I do have one little quibble though - it really needs some guard rail sections opposite each frog. If you look at the LEGO points (switches) you'll see what I mean. Your crossover would probably need 8 such rails. (...) (18 years ago, 29-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 45 Degree Crossing Ready

I love the part. I can see it as a nice solution to make a double-crossover. (4 switches with the 45 Degree Crossing in the middle) - That way I won't have to cut expensive switches - its a small solution for a double-crossover. Do you think it will (...) (18 years ago, 27-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  knew i'd find it!!

(URL) nicely done, Jeffy! Dave K (18 years ago, 29-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Boot to the Head

Or Pool to the Face. I had a great time at BrickFest. I wouldn't call this the best BrickFest ever, I think that one is still to come, but it was a good one. The venue in and of it's self was great. I loved the idea of one big room for all the MOCs. (...) (18 years ago, 29-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  LEGO enthusiast required for part-time position in retail store in southwest Mississauga

LEGO enthusiast required for part-time position in retail store in southwest Mississauga. Please send resume to jobs61@lastingtoys.com. (18 years ago, 29-Aug-06, to lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ham, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Eerie...

I check on like once a week to see what people are talking about... last week there were like a bajillion messages. I come on Sunday night... nothing... Where you all at foolz? Iain (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Infidel !! was Re: [welcome to rtlIndiana]

(...) ... (...) To the former leaders of the group now known as rtlIndiana, We (NALO) have been approached by the Federation of Yankees Overseeing Unionization Through Other Options. They have expressed interest in resolving this revolution before (...) (18 years ago, 22-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My soopercomputer sucks.

(...) Well, so far this MacBook Pro has been pretty nice. I like the hardware and base OS, they're well designed. I liked MacNQC, it works flawlessly with the USB tower. It also took a while to get used to the touch pad. But now I can't use a (...) (18 years ago, 22-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My soopercomputer sucks.

(...) So, when do you buy the Mac? Chris (18 years ago, 22-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Infidel !! was Re: [welcome to rtlIndiana]

(...) Infidel !! We do not recognize your N A T O (North Atlantic Lego Organizations). We are an autonomous collective operating under a new organization known simply as Figs Under Current King - Yankee's Officially Unrecognized. We do not run some (...) (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  My soopercomputer sucks.

Chris always laments his Soopercomputer has the early P4 which sucks. Well, I got the last generation P4 two years ago which REALLY sucks. I didn't realize JUST how bad it was until I actually read up on the famed Prescott NetBurst family: "Upon (...) (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: TTT - Question

(...) I guess one option would be if no play is seen (rescan the board if desired) just signal your end of turn again without playing.... -Rob A> (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: TTT - Question

(...) Just a thought. I suggest you robot search the board, and if it doen't find the move either (A) search again or (B) return "home" and wait (again) for the opponent to play. For the C$ event, I had my robot keep scanning the board, because (...) (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: TTT - Question

(...) OK - That was my thinking too, but I didn't want to suggest it up front and potentially bias others. I was concerned that my bot would have to deal with getting a handshake, then NOT finding a mark on the board.... -Rob A> (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Ni-MH Batteries

(...) (URL) ain't the model of retail pride, but the batteries are great. I've been using them in my remote flash and the cycle times off these batteries are fast. That and if you're willing to sign up for FD's email "blast", they go on sale for (...) (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [welcome to rtlIndiana]

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote: <snip lots of funny stuff> (...) Well, I don't know about up there in the great white north, but down here all we're getting from the media is about UN resolutions and such, so here's what I've (...) (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Ni-MH Batteries

Guys, Ledshoppe is having a sale on Ni-Mh batteries. Not sure of the quality of these, but if you are looking at getting a bunch for cheap, this is the place. Shipping is free as well. This place may seem like one of those too good to be true deals, (...) (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: TTT - Question

(...) I don't agree with Chris a lot, but I would say yes too. We want to encourage well tested and reliable robot hardware. I also agree with Steve's criteria for a definition of marked by having a light circle of dots to define where solid marking (...) (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: TTT - Question

(...) I would say yes. and since dave, and derek, cant post here anymore. I get there votes too. so YES a bad move is a loss. Chris (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [welcome to rtlIndiana]

(...) tell ya what... leave me rtlToronto, and you can HAVE hamLUG. heck they are WAY closer to you than that pesky Toronto place. I here good things come from Hamilton. tell ya what I'ma gonna do. Order NOW, and I will throw in ParLUGment. but (...) (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  TTT - Question

Would a bad move equal an immediate loss? For example, if my bot failed to mark a square but signalled it was done, would that be an immediate loss? -Rob A> (18 years ago, 17-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [welcome to rtlIndiana]

(...) Sorry, that was the last straw. We're declaring that we are overthrowing the government of rtl. That's right, this is a hostile take-over. In this time of organizational turmoil, the leadership of LafLRC has decided (by a majority) to take (...) (18 years ago, 17-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [Official Announcement!!!]

(...) YES I have the post to the group in the draft folder. then it will just be ME. and then I will finally WIN an RTL game. Chris (18 years ago, 17-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [Official Announcement!!!]

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: Serious snippage. (...) Uh... Chris... is that a threat to Calum? What are you trying to do, get him to renounce his own official affiliation? Janey "Red Brick" (18 years ago, 17-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [Official Announcement!!!]

(...) Well said dave. here ya go: [Announcement] ATTENTION WORLD - Please let it be known that one Mr. Dave Koudys, and Derek Raycraft has expressed to the group in a public post that they no longer wish to participate with rtlToronto. (...) (18 years ago, 17-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: {Official Announcement!!!}

(...) > > < A lot of very good points. > > (...) Just like David, I'd like to renounce my affiliation with rtlToronto as well. I sight the same reasons. I think David really hit the nail on the head here. Derek (18 years ago, 16-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  {Official Announcement!!!}

From the desk of Dave-- Maybe it's cause my website's down and I'm in Cornwall, Ontario (over 5 hours from getting home and giving that ##W#@W% desktop a swift kick), but I'm making an official proclamation... I hereby renounce my official (...) (18 years ago, 16-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !

  Re: TTT board marks or not

(...) Isn't that library opening till 1:00pm? Derek (18 years ago, 16-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Announcement was Re: So... ummm....mm....

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) You didn't put the [] brackets in the Subject--isn't this an 'official' rtl leader post? Don't official rtl leader posts always have the [] brackets in the Subject? Or are the (...) (18 years ago, 16-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Announcement was Re: So... ummm....mm....

(...) Chris, Thanks for posting this. It helps us target our search for new out-of-town members. Steve (URL) (18 years ago, 16-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtl23: reducing your parts count?

[Warning: this is OT for even this OT post] (...) Given your day job, a brand new rtl game springs to mind[1]. So, jumping ahead... rtl23: "Tamp the Blasting Cap". Or "Eve of Destruction"... or "Test to Failure"... or "The REAL C4 Challenge". What (...) (18 years ago, 16-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Announcement was Re: So... ummm....mm....

(...) You are right. I should have done something when I had heard that you privately e-mailed Calum to be removed from the rtl web page 2 months ago. So here goes. [Announcement] ATTENTION WORLD - Please let it be known that one Mr. Greg Hyland has (...) (18 years ago, 16-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: TTT board marks or not

(...) So, that's something I want to ask--should there be a dedicated time during the day of the event which is a demonstration time? Calum (18 years ago, 16-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: So... ummm....

(...) Well, foolishly, I thought losing members might actually concern you. Obviously not. My mistake. -Greg (18 years ago, 15-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: TTT board marks or not

(...) I like that! Have the first bot to play draw the grid! -Rob A> (18 years ago, 15-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: TTT board marks or not

As long as it fits on the page it doesn't really mater to me. I think it looks better smaller and I was going to have my bot draw the board for playing with the kids. Derek (...) (18 years ago, 15-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: TTT board marks or not

(...) The reason why I think we might want two is because of even versus odd spacing. I can't explain it, I just think an odd line space would make it more difficult. Calum (18 years ago, 15-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: TTT board marks or not

I don't think the line needs to be wide, because you don't need to read it. But one stud wide is plenty wide enough to detect if you think you do. Derek (...) (18 years ago, 15-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: So... ummm....

(...) Seeing as I did the taking off part, what did you really want me to say? Calum (18 years ago, 15-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: TTT board marks or not

(...) I like the 6x6 cell as well. But 1 wide thick lines or 2 wide? I'm not sure the frame is required either, but the alignment marks certainly are. Calum (18 years ago, 15-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: So... ummm....

(...) LEGO event instead of anything rtlToronto related. But it's okay, because they don't seem to care about losing members, as nothing was said to me when I asked to be taken off the membership list. -Greg (18 years ago, 15-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: TTT board marks or not

Not able to leave well enough alone... here is a centered 5x5 space board, with the alignment parks making a 21x21 square: (URL) and the clean PDF with alignment marks: (URL) This would align the centers of each square with a stud. -Rob A> (18 years ago, 15-Aug-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact