 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 790
789  |  791
Subject:
ParLUGment on Ice - Lego Trains at Winterlude!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 03:53:27 GMT

Hi all,

Just a friendly reminder if you're in the Ottawa (Ontario, Canada) area
- come by
and check out our LEGO train layout on the Rideau Canal for the
Winterlude festivities.

We will be operating from the Canal from 10am to 5pm tomorrow and Sunday
(Feb 5th-6th).  The weather is supposed to be mild - hopefully not too
mild as I wouldn't want to be fishing our lego out of the canal :)

I wonder if this is the first lego layout setup on ice?

Hope to see a few new faces there!

Kevin
--
Jason Allemann wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, Jude Beaudin wrote:
Working in conjunction with the National Capital Commission, ParLUGment will
be participating in the opening weekend of Winterlude. At the north end of
the world's longest skating rink, ParLUGment will be displaying a winter
theme train layout, featuring several landmarks from Canada’s Capital Region.

This is a first for us, in that it is the first outdoor layout we have done,
and in the middle of winter at that. Sure we will be in a heated tent to keep
snow off of the layout but I don’t think it will be too warm with one of the
four walls open to let in the public.

So dress warmly, come on down to the Canal near the NAC and Rideau Centre,
grab a Beavertail and a hot chocolate and check things out.

Hope to see you there,

Jude¬
<http://www.parlugment.org ParLUGment>

Just to add/clarify a couple of details...

The display is on the weekend of February 5th and 6th, open to the public from
10:00am to 5:00pm both days.

Hope to see some of you Ottawa lurkers there!