 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 146
Re: buying spree
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:52:28 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, Tim Strutt writes:
I did a little shopping this past week at Zellers.
Apparently when I hit the LEGO sale on Saturday, ZNAP sets were either still
scanning as a sale item from the previous weeks sale, or else they were on
clearance at all the Zellers stores that I hit.
I picked up 4 more on Wednesday at Bayshore, but they were showing a sale
price of $12.97, as opposed to Saturdays price of $9.97 at all the other
Zellers locations. It was still a good deal, so I got them, bringing my
total ZNAP motor parts sets to 25! Woo hoo!
Of course I will have to sell some or my wife will kill me, but it's so
cool to see the big stack in my office.
For those of you who didn't see my picture, you can see it here:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/heidi.strutt/score_jun30.jpg
It only shows Saturdays items, but it still looks pretty cool.
Gee, maybe I should become a Technic/Mindstorms junkie. I'd be off to a
good start in the motor's division.
Well, I gotta get back to work. I hate getting called in for nights, but I
love the overtime cheque. Woo hoo, more LEGO money!
Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)
(who received his back-ordered 1775 today, before the non-back-ordered sets)

Hey Tim,

I might want to buy a few of those sets off you....I have 5 motors coming to
me in the near future.  I want a total of 10 motors for a few projects to be
done next year.  The amount of sets will probably be 3....price will be
up to you, and August 11 (train2) would be a great time to do the transaction.
Ohhh....if that is at your work, hahahha.....a Lego Stash!!!!!  Yikes.
I hope whenever (actually if ever) I get married my wife likes Lego or doesn't
mind it.....because I hope I never have to hide my Lego purchases.... :)

Benjamin Medinets