 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 535
Re: obb at Family Day Fest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2013 21:05:38 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.obb, Janey C. L. Gunning wrote:
Our next event... is coming up FAMILY DAY WEEKEND!
http://www.familydayfest.com/

And in typical Obb fashion we are doing an ad-hoc display.  Bring what you want,
and we will figure out how to work it in once we get there.

snip

And here's some pictures from the event!!--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky1701/sets/72157632803334874/

It was a fantastic display!  There were a few mishaps with tots 'n touching...

A new phrase was coined--

"smash 'n dash"--i.e. a tot would grab something in the layout (reaching past
the 'do not touch' signs plastered everywhere) and it would smash on the floor.
Then the parent, after ignoring the tot for the past 10 minutes touching things
and us telling them to 'please don't touch' would then grab the kid (after
pieces strewn all over the floor) and dash away.

But that was all part of the show experience.

Loved it.  Loved the hanging with fellow builders.

Have a boo at the pics!

Dave K