 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 483
482  |  484
Subject:
CS Engineering bay (mostly) complete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2012 16:17:21 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello everyone!

After 2+ years in teh making, and various broken promises that "it'll be done
for the next show!  Honest!!!", the Classic Space Engineering Bay is ready for
public display!

YouTube vid--

http://youtu.be/fDx_YW9ltGY

Flickr Pics--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky1701/sets/72157629688412149/

What started off as just a proof of concept--

http://youtu.be/Hdeb0cndZH0

has finally gotten to the point where it's good 'nuff for the OBB Classic Space
Layout

Now, after a wee bit o' playing the 'hide the wires' game, and adding yet more
lifelites to the Bay, I'll box it up and finish building the rest of the stuff I
need to build before BrickFete 2012.

I'll try to get finished pics up of the bay before I box it.

As an aside, I don't think I've conveyed clearly enough the appreciation I have
for all of you (those of you who I know are going to read this ;) ), or let you
know that you've inspired me and made me look at things differently (and
sometimes for the better ;) )

When I was much younger, I lost a good friend to suicide.  I know that I didn't
state enough to him how much I appreciated him.  And it took a long time to come
to terms with the idea that it probably wouldn't have changed the course of
events even had I done so.  However, what I really took away from that is that
letting people know that they're wanted, loved, cared for--that they're
appreciated for who they are--isn't done for 'preventative mainteneance', but
because that's what friends do.

I was reminded very recently of these feelings of helplessness and remorse and
'didn't see it coming' and 'what could I have done???'.  I just needed to let
y'all know that you have to take to heart the idea that truly the only person
that can affect change in you is you, and that you really are not responsible
fow what others may do.  With that said, however, friends are here, as they have
always been (even if I didn't say it enuf).

Take care,

Dave K