 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 477
Re: CAD Animation of OBB Classic Space Layout...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2012 01:47:51 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.obb, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.obb, David Koudys wrote:
'cause I don't have enuf to keep me occupied, I decided to throw some animation
in the virtual space layout--

The latest iteration--

http://youtu.be/kiVXJkeRcIw

I like the swooshing through the monorail supports. AND that you built them
partly using newer parts and partly old...

I wanted to make supports that looked like they may have been in a 'newer'
classic space monorail set.  The octagonal bricks worked perfectly--they allowed
exactly 10 bricks between monorail levels, including the support plate for the
actual monorail.  And they can be modified easily depenidng on how high and how
many supports for tracks needed.

I was originally going to use the 2 x 2 x 5 lattice, but I didn't have many and
BL was very expensive.  And, after trying a few, I couldn't get the geometry to
work well with the reinforcing and the support structures--it just got
unweildly.  Again, the octagons worked perfectly.  I

And just using 2 x 2 bricks is just boring :)

I take it the camera was flying the same path as the ship it was following?

The first attempt at a fly thru was camera only, then I added the 442 to be in
front of the camera.  THat worked well.  I modified the camera track a little
bit, and may modify it more to go from ship to ship.  Dunno yet.  Now that I'm
getting the real layout back form the 3 month display, I'll probably be working
on the real thing for a bit to make sure it's ready for BF.

I may incorporate a small screen in the layout and show this video tho...

Nice work.

Thanks Larry!  Hope things are good in your world!

++Lar

Dave K