 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 37
36  |  38
Subject:
And some pics from the show (and pics of FOTW)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 05:30:32 GMT

http://sandysparky.net/gallery/20071102_hobby_show

Janey’s TorStar box

Jeff VW’s new castle

Deb’s beach resort

Jason’s not-so-completed nifty building

Chris’s walking ‘bot

More pics here--

http://sandysparky.net/gallery/20071102_hobby_show

As well, thanks to Allan and the parting of 60 bones, this is the Find of the Week (FOTW), at least for me--

An acquaintance of Allans dad dropped off two boxes full of LEGO bricks. The boxes themselves were a tad damp, so the bricks and instructions smelled a little of mildew. owever, nothign that can’t be fixed. Allan kept (most of) the paperwork and I got the bricks.

We found in the boxes a Galaxy Explorer (complete), Space Cruiser (missing 3 grey plates) and the Yellow Castle (few missing torsos), along with lotsa basic bricks.

As well, there was the classic blue/red/yellow gear sets from the mid 70’s--with white axles and red bushings, and the red 4 piece boat hull (with weight). The 4.5 volt battery box still had 3 C batteries in it--and they were a’leakin’--so I cleaned that up. I tested the motor but it didn’t work. As Allan stated at the show, these bricks were cared for--the pieces don’t show teeth marks or abuse, but the minifigs do look well played with--labels are faded. Eh, I’m just happy for the fantastic allotment of ‘70’s pieces.

I washed all the non-printed/non electric bricks and now they’re all cleaned up and sorted into the rest of my collection :)

I’m 40 and I still get excited when I find neat LEGO stuff. I’m actually having more fun finding ‘older’ LEGO pieces that remind me of my youth.

Dave K