 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 319
318  |  320
Subject:
My latest colour iteration of the 948 go-cart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2010 04:52:34 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The elders amongst you may recall that I have a slight... appreciation for the
948 go-cart.  It was, after all, the very first Technic set I received as a kid
(circa 1977) and it was the biggest set I got after The Big Melt (tm).

Here's some pics of the previous versions of the go-cart--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky1701/sets/72157624565215808/

Well, when I heard that some guy in some crazy foreign country can actually get
LEGO bricks chromed--

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=bricks4all

well, there was only one thing I oculd do...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky1701/sets/72157625517481385/

K, a few things gleaned from this forray into after-market modifying of LEGO
parts...

First, they look spectacular!!  OMG, so frakking awesome doesn't begin to
describe fully chromed LEGO bits!!!

Secondly, the chroming process isn't perfect on some  of the bricks.  Meh, the
missing chrome is always on the underside (where you won't see it) so, whatever

Thirdly, and a very important bit--if you go this route, do not expect these
chromed bits to fit easily with the rest of your LEGO collection--very difficult
to get the parts together.  Hard on the thumbs and fingers!!!  See, thechrome
increases the size...

What else--oh tres expensive.  That's all I'll say about that.

But, glad I did it--won't do it again in the near future.

Anyway, enjoy the pics--I'll bring the 948 to the next dinner/meeting/show (if I
remember--someone remind me)

Dave K