 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 238
Re: Big Blue 3 - Proof of Concept
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 2010 15:49:23 GMT

Dave, I hope you can bring this to the rtl dinner tomorrow. it sure looks cool.

its nice to see you DID get my email when I told you about the switch’s. ;)

Chris

In lugnet.org.ca.obb, David Koudys wrote:
   So with much josh-taking-caringings and procrastination-ings and other life-thingings that get in the way of good ol’ fashioned lego-buildingings, I pieced together a few monents here and there to put this together--

(image is a link)

Yes there’s video--

12/23/09 - Big Blue 3 - Proof of Concept

So here’s how it works-ish--

Electrical power is provided to the 9v rails via regular train controller

This power is picked up by the ‘modified’ 9v train motor

(modified meaning the motor was an eBay lot that didn’t work so I opened it up and removed the electric motor but left all teh power connections intact)