 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 179
178  |  180
Subject:
Last proof of concept before the show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 04:22:38 GMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oEQG5KltmE

Basically, for Chris who stated that I couldn't do it--

Couldn't get the shuttle from the monorail to the vehicle and then have both
moving...

Actually, I was rather surprised because this marks the first time ever that
I've had 2 RCX's communicating with one another.  I mean, I've had 2 (or more)
RCX's on some of my 'bots before but I've always managed to keep their tasks
completely separate from one another.

I've actually had 2 NXT's communicating before I had RCX"s communicating.

Eh, so there you are

RCX 1 handles starting and stopping the monorail using one motor, one light
sensor and one touch sensor (both sensors are sharing 1 port) and the up/down,
left/right of the arm, requiring 2 motors and 1 rotation sensor

RCX 2 handles the moving and stopping of the vehicle.  And since I had ports
left over, RCX 2 also handles the gantry over the Galaxy Explorer (plus future
addons that may be done before the show)

Anyway, enjoy!

Dave K