 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 248
247  |  249
Subject:
Nice K'Nex Display at Space & Science Centre
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:24:58 GMT

We took Chad (6yrs) to the Space & Science Centre for his birthday.
After seeing the IMAX Dolphins movie (which was good) we hit the K-Nex
exhibit.  They had several two meter long dinosaurs, a shark (a good
three meters long), a dolphin, and a 17' US Capital building made with
over 500,000 pieces.  There were other models too of course - most didn't
impress the boys too much (they breezed right by the capital building)
except maybe the Viking ship with the moving oars.  However, we were
surprised to find large tables with huge bins full with each of the
various pieces.  Free admission to the display (perhaps because the
front entrance is bypassed due to construction) and you could build
whatever you wanted and take it with you.  (They weigh it and charge by
the pound.)  As a weekend special though, everyone over five got to
build and take home a little space shuttle model for free.  A great
way to stock up on any particular pieces you want Chris.  (No bulk
purchases though - you can only take what you build into a model.)

SRC