 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 21
Re: Logo for PNLTC cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 01:22:47 GMT

The idea of a brick instead of the shield is GREAT, would the maple leaf
still be applied on the brick?

If it fits, sure. I have a very vague recollection of seeing a maple leaf
outline across a brick. Perhaps something Ritvik did at some point.

This site has all the logos from the CPR in chronological order
http://www.cpr.ca/Internet/Content/Corporate/History/LogoHistory.asp

The ones from 1946 - 1968 seem to be the ones I'm remembering. But, that
wouldn't modify very well, I suspect. It's likely that no-one except
train buffs would recognize some of the variants of the CP logo. I sure
didn't know there had been so many!

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
               http://www.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA/cg/