 Organizations / Australia / 878
Re: Yay for Duplo Trains!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 01:45:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, David Low writes:
I'm a convert -- these are great! Finally bought <set:2745> at TRU for $140 on
the weekend: I love it! The train is really fun, and since the set contains
about $100 worth of track it's pretty good value. I'm most interested in
setting up the layouts, and I look forward to getting several supplement sets.

Wow - good price, I had to pay full price for mine a couple of years ago
at $271.95 (ouch), but it's a great set.  It's good to see more adults
enthused about Duplo trains, most AFOLS refer to them in context with their
kids, sure my son plays with my trains but they're still "Mummy's trains" :)

Given the choice between 2745 and the 2000 version <set:2933> (or in the
smaller Passenger train sets <set:2741> vs <set:2932> ) I think the old sets
are better, <snipped for space>

I'm also under the impression that the older sets are better than the new but
I haven't actually seen any of the new sets yet, just pictures.  The new
sets do appear to be slightly cheaper though, I think the RRP for 2933 is
$250, the 2745 price didn't drop much at all with the GST.

I'm on the look out for 2731 Steam Train,
2739 Cargo Wagon and especially 2737 Rails and Crossing.
Has anyone seen these around the place?

Not recently, despite them appearing in the first 2000 catalog they weren't
restocked anywhere that I saw.  If LA actually had any leftovers to clear
before the new range arrived I don't know where they were distributed to :(

I think Rachel collects them too, seen any around Rachel?

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com