 Organizations / Australia / 795
Re: Larry in Brisbane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 09:20:08 GMT

Larry has asked me to see if anyone in Brisbane would like to meet him
this weekend. He won't be here for very long, he arrives late on Friday
and leaves Late on Sunday.  On Saturday we'll be off to the coast to see
the lego show and other touristee places but Sunday might be a goer. If
interested email Larry or me.

I'm free on Sunday till about early afternoon. We could do
breakfast/brunch/lunch at somewhere like ... <many possibilities> ...

* Walkabout Creek at the Brisbane Forest Park (The Gap) -- the cafe is on a
verandah high in the trees in a bushland setting, also they have a kind of
little fauna collection there to see (Australian birds, cuddly creatures,
reptiles etc -- live, not stuffed!)
* Kuta Cafe or Summit Restaurant (on top of Mt Coot-tha) -- great views,
food so-so though
* Chez Laila (or similar) on Southbank or the cafe in the City Botanical
Gardens, possibly with a trip up/down river on the City Cat (high speed
catamaran ferry)?
* City Cat up the river to Uni Qld, eat at Wordsmiths Coffee Shop
* City Cat down the river to Bretts Wharf, eat seafood for lunch by the
river
* City Cat down the river to Oxford St, Bulimba, eat at any of the
cafes/restaurants there

All of the above are usually pretty popular with the many overseas visitors
I get at work. And, so long as the weather is OK, I just love standing up
the front of the City Cat, wind in the hair, song in my heart (OK, I promise
not to sing!) etc :-)

Walkabout Creek and Bretts Wharf  (which would be my first choices) are both
sufficiently popular that a booking might be a good idea to avoid a wasted
journey. The others are probably OK to just rock up as there are other
alternatives in the area if any particular place is full. Apart from Bretts
Wharf (doesn't open till lunch?), I think they all do breakfast or brunch on
Sunday, but I can check the exact details for any place of interest.

Kerry