 Organizations / Australia / 469
RE: ebay question
Newsgroups:
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 22:58:25 GMT

1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoffrey Hyde [mailto:ghyde@ledanet.com.au]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 9:54 PM
To: lugnet.org.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: ebay question

Great!!  This is 100% accurate and totally useless to me
though!!  I don't
have a credit card, so probably wouldn't be allowed to
register anyway.
(  I wonder if we'll ever see any form of registering or
secure payment
method for people who don't have or want to have a credit card #?

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Mark Harrison <harro1@one.net.au> wrote in message
Hi Ben,

I recently had a heated discussion with people from ebay in
Australia.
Ebay has
this new rule since Aug 1999 that all new sellers must give
credit card
details
to be registered. This, I was happy to do but they refused • to accept these
details over the phone or in writing. You guessed it, they
have this naive
idea
that sending the details of the internet is secure and will
not accept
them any
other way, it has something to do with their automated
registering system
which
is only available online.

I said I would be happy to send the details over the net
provided they
accepted
full responsibility in the event that my details were
copied and misused.
It
appears that they aren't quite that confident about their • "secure" details
transfer system as they aren't prepared to give me this assurance.

Mark H.

"Whytcross, Benjamin" wrote:

Just curious...is there currently any listing fee on ebay
if you list in
$us
from Aus? [At present there isn't in $Aus]

Thanks,

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282