 Organizations / Australia / 402
401  |  403
Subject:
just some words from Lego Aus.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:36:51 GMT

Hey all, spoke to Customer service at Lego Aus today and just thought I'd share
some of the goss.

They have the Railway Station 4556(?) in stock priced at $80
I'm looking to buy some tracks (more than whats available at the stores) and
i'm getting packs direct from Lego Aus at $24 a box (including delivery). Thats
a pretty good price IMO

Lego Aus are well aware of Lugnet, but they say that some of the ideas that
float up on here are wrong!

Price fluctuations according to GST are in the hands of individual retailers
not Lego Aus.I asked about the Football sets and if they were indeed going up.
Customer service couldn't help with this, It's up to marketing and retailers.

Oh also, expect online sales to be implemented Aug/Sept, This is Lego Direct I
think as Lego Aus will still be bringing sets in. But expect all the
sets/pieces available from this online facility to be in US$ and to be
increased shipping costs.

Lego gets more specials in America basically for two reasons: 1) bigger market
2) they sell a lot more by way of Home learning/education sets whereas there's
no such setup here in Australia.

Ok mayber Customer Service do a good job, Its the rest of the office that needs
to be spoken to!

Santosh