 Organizations / Australia / 1606
    Something for next MUGS meeting —Martin Scragg
   I know we don't have a date set for the next meeting, but I was thinking that maybe Ross and myself (and anyone else for that matter), might like to do a Mindstorms challenge. If someone comes up with a good idea for a device/robot etc. then we can (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.au)

        Re: Something for next MUGS meeting —Benjamin Whytcross
   (...) G'day, Nope...no date set as yet [how about either the 23rd or the 30th Sue-Ann and David?] As to a good robot/device...something to counter those confounded flying SLUGS when next we battle them :) [Actually, a good one would be to design (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Something for next MUGS meeting —Ross Crawford
   (...) How about something fairly simple to start with, like the fastest line-navigator or something? Just to see how it goes? ROSCO (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Something for next MUGS meeting —Martin Scragg
   (...) This is the sort of thing I was imagining (sorry Ben). If we can come up with some simple rules say by early next week, we can get started. Martin (off to think up some simple rules). (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: Something for next MUGS meeting —Ross Crawford
   (...) Check out rtlToronto - they've had a few Mindstorms contests now. The biggest hassle is setting up some kind of "playing arena". Hey maybe if we get something soon, the ABC might like to film it for their show... ROSCO (off to try & break the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Something for next MUGS meeting —Martin Scragg
   (...) Yes, I've seen some of their postings, which is why I think we should have a go, it sounds like fun. I made a few of the contest entries from www.brickbots.com (never entered them though). (...) Could do, does a line follower sound that (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Something for next MUGS meeting —Ross Crawford
   (...) I don't think it'll really matter - if they're only doing a 4 minute spot, I don't imagine they'll focus to closely on what the robots are doing, just as long as there's a couple running around... If we're gonna try & arrange a get together (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)