 Organizations / Australia / 1002
1001  |  1003
Subject:
My special Lego weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 11:33:52 GMT

It doesn't happen very often, but this weekend was a special Lego weekend.

It started at a fete where I picked up a small jar of horses/mini-figs and
other sundry bricks for 50cents. Quite a bargain I thought.

I then moved onto another fete and found the coolest thing yet.
Amongst all the toys were two trays of Modulex - still in boxes, still in
trays. Very cool indeed.  After haggling them down to $15, I walked away a
happy person.

Today I went to a local swapmeet and bought a bag of assorted pieces for $2.
I then spoke to the women who regularly has lots of cool lego stuff and
bought a bag of assorted pieces for $10. A tad on the expensive side
considering I later discovered about a fifth of the bag was Tyco :(, but she
threw in some other bits for free, so it kind of balanced out. Also bought
some cool Duplo for a friends kids. Later I visited TRU and picked up a
Millennium Falcon and a couple of the arctic promo double packs.

And the result of this? I'ved overdosed on Lego this weekend and my
boyfriend keeps reminding me that most of the Lego I've bought this year
takes up more room than the rest of the stuff that's in storage. So true :).
But then he reminds me that I'll have to move it all in a few weeks. But
then, how could I pass up a Millennium Falcon!

I'm off to play now...

see ya

sue ann