 Organizations / 966
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 06:13:57 GMT

Nope, what I was saying is that your own preconceived biases made you assume
that someone asking for a hetero group at this present time was doing so 'to get
even/keep up with the homosexual Joneses' rather than it being a legitimate
request.  You certainly had no qualms about asking him if it was really
necessary, but you had no such concern regarding the request for a gay group.
Bias, bias, bias, it's everywhere....

Who knows, maybe it was put forth by a heterosexual who just read about gays
wanting their own group, and thought, Hey that would be a good idea for us
straights too!