 Organizations / 818
817  |  819
Subject:
Developing lugnet.org resources
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 05:18:24 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

As curator of lugnet.org, I'd like to see the possibility of more resources
being created under the lugnet.org hierarchy. I took the curatorship because I
wanted to see more things on the sidebar, but I think there's potential to do
more than I have time/energy to offer. These resources could  help people find
their way to hobbyist groups, as well as help emerging organizations with
information and support they need to get moving.

I don't have the time to devote to develop this, I'm pretty strapped right now
between school and LEGO community responsibilities. Would anyone be interested
in working on this project, and if so, could you take a co-curator position for
lugnet.org?

Curators can create pages underneath their newsgroup hierarchy simply by being
logged in, going to the URL they want to create, and cliking the 'start this
page' button. Creating FTX pages is rather simple.

lugnet.org could become a nice repository of information for starting clubs and
orgs if someone put the time into collecting the info. It would be great to have
a curator to lead this. If that curator accepted submissions from the community
members to post online, even more could get done.

If you're interested, please email me at tim@tim(mylastname).net, and we'll
discuss this. Then I'll make a recommendation to Larry and/or Frank to add new
curator(s) to lugnet.org.

Thanks!

-Tim