 Organizations / 679
    Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community. —Chris Gray
   (...) That sounds like mostly server-side stuff. Have you figured out yet what you are going to require from clients (users)? The reason I ask is that I'm an old-fashioned soul, and am unlikely to use discussion groups that are not NNTP-reachable, (...) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community. —Dan Boger
     (...) I think any standards compliant browser should work for the website, oh, and IE. We do want to implement an NNTP interface as well as an SMTP, for as much content as possible. My personal philosophy is that javascript can be used only to (...) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general) !

        Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community. —Jacob Sparre Andersen
   (...) It is. (...) As little as possible. We want to make the content accessible in as many different ways as possible, but preferably using existing protocols like NNTP, SMTP and NNTP. (...) You sound like a Jacob clone. :-) But it could be fun to (...) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)