 Organizations / 258
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 13:17:54 GMT

FUT lugnet.org

One interesting thing I just thought of on why NELUG may be going down a
different path with respect to youth members. NELUG is one of the few
groups which didn't start from a strong interest in trains (BayLUG is
another I think, I don't know about GMLUG, how closely tied to GMLTC is
it?).

Well I don't know about the other "True" LUGs but I don't think being a LUG as
opposed to an LTC had anything to do with it.  I think it mostly came down to
the demographics of our group at the begining.  Like Todd pointed out I think
that most of our meetings have been attened by people in their Mid Twentys to
Early Thirtys.  Most of those members have been Male with a few exceptions
(Suzanne Rich and Karen Miller jump to mind).

So no I don't think that being a LUG over an LTC had anything to do with it.
If the same people came together to start an LTC I think we would have had the
same result.

Like I have said before there are issues in this decission that have not been
shared yet because personally I think they might not be appropriate for a
public forum where young kids might be reading.  If we decide as a group at our
next meeting to share those reasons publically then we will otherwise I think
most of you are bright enough to figure out what they might be.  Rest assured
they involve liability but its not a broken leg we are talking about.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/