 Organizations / 1028
Re: Some dead LUGs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:30:08 GMT

In lugnet.org, Steve Demlow wrote:
In lugnet.org, Rene Hoffmeister wrote:

while adding a few logos to the respective group sidebars, I noticed a few LUGs
which are kind of unlively. Could anybody help to clarify the state of the
following LUGs?

CarLUG, CMLUG, GMLUG, HRMUG, TCLUG

TCLUG (Twin Cities, a.k.a. Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota, US) is alive and
well.  They use Yahoo groups to communicate and AFAIK don't have a web site so
aren't very publically visible.  (Frankly I'm not sure how they attract new
participants; maybe just word of mouth.)

Steve

Word of mouth works for TCLug, we just never formally organized ourselves and
set up a website.  We are still quite active though, and meet monthly.  Anyone
in the area is welcome to join.  But we do exist...we have a great group of
diverse people...let me know if anyone is interested or if you have any other
questions.

Jamie
TCLug