 Off-Topic / Testing / Foo / 340
Re: There will be no grovelling except my own
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.test.foo
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:28:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.test.foo, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

Last night, while playing here "in .foo" as a total newbie and totally unaware
of the history of such things... I made a huge mistake, for which I am totally
prepared to grovel for forgiveness (take note, this is a rare thing for me to
do).

After following a few threads, and watching Chris taunt Lar about not using his
"powers" for evil.  Well, evil hit me like a ton of bricks, and I compromised my
own sense of fair play and underhandedly dared Larry, which was wrong.

I take accountability for my wrong doing, I should have played fair, and I
didn't.  So I will now make my public plea for Lar to reinstate Chris.

Now I need some advice on how to convince Chris to come back and play
in .foo land.  Of course, I rarely take advice, so I will just attack it
like this.... Chris, this was one of your places way before I even knew
about Lugnet, and while Smurfette (me) may have ruined it temporally for
you, please don't let my stupid error in judgement ruin it for you long
term. If a publicly begging doesn't get you to come back, I'm not sure what
will.  You win, you held the high ground, you played fair, and of course,
let's not forget you are ~King~.  I took the smack one step too far, and if
the begging doesn't work, maybe I can bribe you with Lego and/or chocolate.
Darn, see there go my morals again.   Truly I did mean the whole thing out
of fun, playful retaliation, but a new day brings a new light, and I realise
that even in games and fun, there are steps one should not take.

.foo may have jumped the shark last night, but only because a misguided
stubborn
chick got in the way of good ratings and common sense.  I will step behind
the
line I have crossed, and hopefully you can consider coming back.

Most Sincerely,
Janey "Red Faced.....Bricked"

If Chris can't handle a little smack, he don't deserve king

and if larry is having fun doing what he's doing, then let the good times roll,
i say.

so there you are--the jester has spoken--all is well in the world of .foo

Dave K