 Off-Topic / Testing / 4961
4960  |  4962
Subject:
test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.test
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 21:33:22 GMT

This is my first post, so i’ll give a little backstory:

After a long hiatus (about 15 years, i stopped playing with toys around 12), I bought the rebel snowspeeder set last winter, and i’ve been addicted ever since. I then began collecting all the star wars sets that i thought were cool. In my frenzy, i came across the fbtb site, and finally lugnet. I was amazed by the contructions, which were far my intricate and detailed than anything i had done as a kid, and it inspired me to do my own moc (which has since been torn apart). I must compliment whoever pinoeered the SNOT technique, bravo. It baffled me for the longest time. It was both inspiring and intimidating but i finally mustered the courage to try my hand at mechs, especially after seeing Soren’s work (i’m sure you’ll notice feeble similarities to his stuff, i studied his mechs the most). So,since october 04, i’ve been amassing various lego sets and constructing a small army of mechs and support vehicles and troops.

Unfortunately, i decided to revisit this hobby on the cusp of the color changes, so you’ll notice mixing of bleys and greys; it couldn’t be helped. Whenever possible, i used them with a certain amount of symmetry. Anyway, the mocs below are pretty much everything i’ve done since taking up the hobby again, with the exception of a couple mocs which were recycled for these things. I’ll post them in the order of their creation. And if i’ve posted incorrectly, forgive me, i’m new to the game.

My first mech, the Scud

This is actually my thrid mech, the second was recycled

All the stuff in red is basically a military unit, the various colored ones are hired mercs. This is the Terrapin hover tank

Sculpin troop carrier and assault vehicle

This is the high altitude command platform Shepherd

Merc sniper vehicle the Scarab

Merc assault craft the Torrent

Merc black ops craft the Gnat

Merc assault craft the Barracuda

Merc assault mech the Hornet

Z-10 Mech Killer

Assault Mech SKRIM (Swift Kill Reconnaisance Infantry Mech)

The Colonel’s Hover Jeep

Special Ops Hover Bike

An infantry powersuit the Ogre