 Off-Topic / Testing / 4478
4477  |  4479
Subject:
Greetings!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.test
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 00:01:28 GMT

At long last my posting privileges have been activated, a week after my
membership was finalized, and months after I started oggling over models and
reading topics here at Lugnet.

What a coincidence, that I was approved on the day my newest MOC was highlighted
here in .space!

I want to give a big thanks to Mark for the honor of MOC Highlight, as it is
something I feel undeserving of, after all the {awesome} little creations Travis
has introduced lately!

You folks are an amazing bunch of people, and I couldn't wait to be a part of
the very cool .space community. I've enjoyed seeing each new creation displayed
here, as well as the goings-on at the Fests and Cons. I've learned so much about
ship and model construction from seeing your guys' work, and I hope that I can
continue to improve and impress.

As most of you know, I just released the
<http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/2135?r=1753188486/ PCS LL-18 VIC>, which has
managed to get itself some nice "screen time" on MOCpages, Brickshelf, the FBTB
forums, and now a Lugnet MOC Highlight spot, all in the span of a couple days.
I'm glad it's been so well received, and I want to thank those of you who have
commented on it as well as suggested improvements. Admiral Giddens gets some big
props for the changes he pointed out for the model in correspondences before I
premiered it. And a huge thanks to Nathan Wells for offering to post about it
here in .space for me!

About a month and a half ago, Jon posted about my
<http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/1819?r=1834051874 Caliph Hovership> here for
me, for which I was very grateful. My first Lugnet "appearance", woohoo! And
<http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=28240 a Brammy> to boot!
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=524535 Double woohoo!>
I'd like to point you towards the
<http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/2013?r=1742896385 second version> of Caliph,
which takes advantage of many suggested changes that were delivered via reviews
and emails. A final version of the hovership is in the works, which if I was a
great builder would be the only one anyone would ever have seen. The orientation
of the ship has been reversed, so that the tapered end is the rear (ala
Nebuchadnezzar, Yoshima, and Zoar); I've changed all the tire/hoverpods to one
uniform size, and made sure there are a proper amount of them; I've added more
greeblies; the main laser weapon has been discarded in the new design, and
Caliph now features weapons more akin to those installed on Zoar. I look forward
to presenting this final version here for you all.

Currently in the works: an Eastern Block craft I've already begun, two Zoars for
my own collection of hoverships, and a small-scale Neb (it's too large to be
called mini). My building career began with Star Wars, but for the forseeable
time I'm going to be working in other genres.

Enough about future stuff. Let me highlight some of my past creations that you
.spacers might enjoy, if you haven't seen them already:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=50265 Cancer mobile suit> from
Gundam, of which I'm not a fan and I've never seen. My first ever mecha.
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=34195 Blackband Starfighter>,
an original idea based off the New Jedi Order series.
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=50268 Clouded Judgement>, my
first "sig fig" ship, which is currently dismantled but will rise again in an
updated design.
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=55066 Naboo X-1 Starfighter>, a
hybrid of the Prequel Trilogy's Naboo Starfighter and the Original Trilogy's
X-Wing starfighter.

Galleries full of creations can be found at my
<http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/2135?r=1613903585 MOCpages site>, as well as my
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=28180 Brickshelf gallery>.
I've got a personal website in the works that will feature most of my creations
past, present, and future in the best image quality I can manage.

I look forward to a future with you guys, and hope that you accept me into your
fellowship. Thanks for the praise thus far, and I hope you enjoy what's in
store. :)
.space