 Off-Topic / Testing / 4475
Re: test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.test
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 22:23:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.test, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.test, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   Got the dreaded zero return code from a post just now, was that an anomaly or a harbinger?

My theory is that it’s to do with the spam-blocking email address additions that are apparently randomly generated from a set list of additional elements. A later test is somehow not prepared for some of the possible email addresses thusly generated -- they do not somehow pass a subsequent “posting privileges” test for a given user with X name at Y email address. The Y email address part gets bombed.

So when it generates something like “=larry=pNOSPAM@mi.net”, a test somewhere down the road says “Hey, that user doesn’t exist! An email address can’t have an equal sign at the front of it...!”

That’s my best guess given certain behavior I have observed from posting exclusively from the web interface.

-- Hop-Frog

See! I’m not the only one who ‘lurks’ everywhere!

Dave K
-professional lurker extra-ordinaire