 Off-Topic / Testing / 3998
3997  |  3999
Subject:
IR Tower not working when downloading firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.test
Date:
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 04:36:35 GMT

Hi,

I'm using Robotics Invention System 1.5, a serial tower and a RCX 1.0 and a
windows 98 PC.

The RCX lost its firmware due to missing batteries for a long period of
time.  I kept getting error messages during firmware download

"Initial page: 1000, 8120: IR Transmitter not working"

after putting in brand new batteries in both the RCX and the serial tower.
I followed the trouble shooting guide using hyper terminal to test the COM
port connection to the tower.  The communication from the COM port to the
tower is good.  But the "IR Transmitter Working" fails every time I tried to
download.  It can't find the RCX.  Any ideas why this happens?

Thanks,

Wendy

P.S.

The Shooter.log file looks like the following:

*******************
No serial mouse detected

Examining hardware directly:
COM1 is available.
COM2 is available.
COM3 does not exist.
COM4 does not exist.

Retries for module 26: Direct: 9, Retransmit: 10.
Shooter retries: 9, 10

Called with error 8120.
Initial page: 1000, 8120: IR Transmitter not working

Command sequence: Test IR Transmitter
    1014, 100: OCX registered : OK
    1015, 105: OCX working : OK
    1041, 110: Closed COM : OK
    1009, 115: INI file exists : OK
    1003, 120: COM port 1 read from INI file : OK
    1010, 125: COM port 1 exists : OK
    1011, 130: COM port 1 working : OK
    1002, 135: Open COM port 1 : OK
    1023, 140: Tower & cable connected : OK
    1005, 145: IR Transmitter working : FAIL

    Help window, RIS TroubleShooter, closed.