 Off-Topic / Pun / 950
Re: Groan of the week #11 (you asked for it!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 01:08:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Ross Crawford writes:
A doctor made it his regular habit to stop off at a bar for a hazelnut
daiquiri on his way home. The bartender knew of his habit, and would always
have the drink waiting at precisely 5:03 p.m. One afternoon, as the end of
the work day approached, the bartender was dismayed to find that he was out
of hazlenut extract. Thinking quickly, he threw together a daiquiri made
with hickory nuts and set it on the bar. The doctor came in at his regular
time, took one sip of the drink and exclaimed, "This isn't a hazelnut daiquiri!"

"No, I'm sorry", replied the bartender, "it's a hickory daiquiri, doc."

Bah, you stole that from Callahan's.

If you're going to drive us to drink, at least make 'em original, or we'll
toast you. :)

JAmes