 Off-Topic / Pun / 261
Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 20:46:14 GMT

On Sun, 10 Oct 1999, Michael Huffman (<3800E233.F0D7D927@mindspring.com>
) wrote at 19:00:03

Good point. You don't have shooting cannons, do you ;-)

If I did [1], TLG would take them away from me; being an American
and all.  I'd just end up shooting an eye out with a round 1x1 [2]
or something.  :)

*fumbles around awhile with his cannons* Ouch, my eye!!!  Hey,
somebody should do something about those shooting cannons; they
might put someone's eye out someday [3]...

You know what surprises me, LEGO does sell #8239 Cyber Slam Spider;
that's got a shooting mechanism on it.  Doesn't make sense does
it?

Ahh. Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds. Or something like
that.

Perhaps they're more worried about kids shooting 1x1s up each other's
noses?

--Mike.

[1] I do, but I can't admit it publicly or the LEGO police (TLP)
   will come after me.

[2] Not only a round 1x1, but a black round 1x1.  My imperials don't
   like using those namby-pamby pink or yellow round 1x1.  If they
   did that, they'd probably get some funny name like
   "Queen's Regiment" or something silly like that.  :)

Ooh. That's fighting talk - I'll get me handbag :-)

Just as a matter of interest: which Paradisa set had a shooting cannon?

Beach Barbecue with Buccaneer?
--
Tony Priestman