 Off-Topic / Geek / 923
922  |  924
Subject:
Web Page Links
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 15:45:46 GMT

I'm trying to create 'lights' on my web page that turn off when the user has
been to a page.

The lights are inside individual layers (one for each link) inside a layer
containing an image map that contains the hotspots that link to the various
pages.  (I don't know if this was the best method.)  I used an image map
with graphical names for the links to save time in downloading (It's a wheel
and the text curves around the edges).  But, I want people to be able to
know when they have been to that page.  To do that I inserted layers with a
light image next to the name of the link.  Once a person has been to that
link then the image in the layer should turn to a dark image (Thus lights on
and off).

I can't get it to work.  I was thinking I could add an ONCLICK SwapImage
behavior to the
hotspot inside the image map, but it won't work (or I can't figure out what
I'm doing wrong).  Also, there are other buttons that link to the pages on
the home page, that need to turn the light off too.

Is there any way to make an image disappear once a specific page has been
viewed and acts just like regular text links (after a few days it reappears
as though you've never been to that page before)?
And if so how?

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Adam