 Off-Topic / Geek / 863
Re: Science Fiction (was Re: Transit Time to Mars)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 03:52:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Jasper Janssen writes:
Whyfor is pterry ignored, is what I'd like to know (the day he retired
from alt.fan.pratchett - the day the usenet laughter died.)

  If he's ignored, it's because people insist on calling him pterry.
  Anyway, ignored by whom?  Not this thread, to be sure.
  He left AFP for the right reason: too much garbage and nonsense floating
around for it to be worth his while.  And rightly so, when one considers that
such sub-standard books as The Last Continent and Interesting Times--obvious
appeals to his established fan base at the expense of quality--came about
during his tenure on that NG.  I'm checking DejaNews for a more specific
reference; he's too discrete to say it outright, but I know I read it somewhere
from him.

     Dave!