 Off-Topic / Geek / 840
    Re: Science Fiction (was Re: Transit Time to Mars) —Dave Schuler
   (...) it (...) Ugh! I found "Bored" to be perfectly dreadful! As for Pratchett, he differs from Adams, and always has, in that Pratchett's work has been satire without being baggy-pants farce in line with the stereotypical (as commonly held by some (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: Science Fiction (was Re: Transit Time to Mars) —Jeff Thompson
   (...) Well, we read it aloud, and it was enjoyable that way, in a group. I might not have enjoyed it as a solo read. (...) I'm trying to think of conventional sci fi that's laugh-out-loud-worthy. Peter David writes excellent laugh-worthy stuff (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)