 Off-Topic / Geek / 763
Re: Here's something for the geek inside of you..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 18:49:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Aaron West wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Christopher Lannan writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Jasper Janssen writes:
http://www.smart.net/~hymowitz/house/plates.jpg

Jasper

Well, I'm never bashful about being ignorant so here goes:

I don't get it.

Chris
Just sounds like bad English, to me.
I also am ignorant.
Aaron>maniac@vol.com

log onto any UNIX system and go find out what a UID is (it's the unique
number assigned to a userid on the system). Then go find out how to
display UIDs of various users, and go find out what the UID is for root,
and you'll get it. Assuming you know what root is.

Some say that God has UID 0 on the UOS (Universe Operating System)

I just read a book called Cryptonomicon that had sme stuff about UNIX in it,
so I know that root is "the Man" on a UNIX system.

Chris