 Off-Topic / Geek / 712
711  |  713
Subject:
My ISP has just impressed the pants off me.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 02:26:57 GMT

Wow.  For me to change ISP's anytime in the foreseeable future would require a
huge enticement, on the level of a free computer.

I just got off the phone with my ADSL provider (who is also my dial-up
provider) to cancel my dial-up as I finally, after several months of swearing
and tinkering, have my ADSL working with my laptop.  So I give the guy on the
phone a very brief summary of what happened (I spent a long time talking to
tech support, they changed my ADSL modem once cause it got fried, I finally got
a network card that I could make work, so I'd like to cancel my dial-up).
Without any more information than this, and without prompting or asking, they
credited me for *every* *single* *minute* of dial-up time I had paid since
getting ADSL.  This amounted to several hundred dollars! (I've been dealing
with this for several months)  When I pointed out that a fair amount of the
delay (in getting ADSL up) should probably be attributed to me, he responded
with an off-hand "Well, we should have had it working from day 1."

Wow.  That is very happy-customer-making service.  They may have "lost" several
hundred dollars, but the odds of my EVER going somewhere else for internet
access are effectively non-existant.  Wow.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/