 Off-Topic / Geek / 707
706  |  708
Subject:
New Virus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 19:32:49 GMT

I don't know if this is the right place to post this message....but...

Okay, some good friends of my family sent us an E-mail warning of a new
computer virus.....here is what the email said

PASS THIS ON TO ANYONE YOU HAVE AN E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR.

IT IS REAL AND NOT A JOKE !!

If you receive an email titled "It Takes Guts to Say Jesus"  DO NOT OPEN
IT.
It will erase everything on your hard drive.

This information was announced yesterday morning from IBM;  AOL states • that
this is a very dangerous virus, much worse than "Melissa", and that there
is
NO remedy for it at this time.

Some very sick individual has succeeded in using the reformat function
from
Norton Utilities causing it to completely erase all documents on the hard
drive.  It has been designed to work with Netscape Navigator and Microsoft
Internet Explorer.  It destroys Macintosh and IBM compatible computers.
This is a new, very malicious virus and not many people know about it.

Pass this warning along to EVERYONE in your address book and please share
it
with all your online friends ASAP so that this threat may be stopped.

Please practice cautionary measures and tell anyone that may access your
computer.  Forward this warning to everyone that might access the
Internet.

Now I don't know if this is a joke or not, but I just thought I should tell
everybody here.....

Erin