 Off-Topic / Geek / 672
  Re: Engine Speed Regulation

Thanks for the explanation! (Wow, so it is really possible to explain how the steam engine works without using a single picture!) (...) This looks like the PWM (pulse width modulation) method RCX uses to control its motor powers. Why the steam (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Engine Speed Regulation

Well, James corrected me and he's right(1). The Throttle is a restrictor (if you look up throttle, one meaning is to cut off airflow) in the steamline. Restricting the flow reduces the pressure in the steam chest. However most valve gear (cf. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Engine Speed Regulation

(...) (yes, they do regulate power, but I'm used to models not full size, where the water is of more concern usually than the power. Larry, take a look at (URL) some pics of my engines. For info, the Britannia (the green railway engine!) is very (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.trains)