 Off-Topic / Geek / 654
Re: One of the Mindfest pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:50:35 GMT

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote:
So are you dual-booting to NT to use Photoshop or to Linux to use
The Gimp?

I'm dual-booting to Win95 (haven't gotten around to bothering with NT, and
don't want to give MS any more of my money) to use Photoshop. The GIMP is
decent, but it's not there yet in power, features, or ease of use. I hope it
will be someday, but until then....

You can put together a second machine for next to nothing.  I know,

Well actually, this wouldn't be a second machine, it'd be a fourth. One
Toshiba Libretto, one dual pentium pro desktop, and one old pentium box
running as a gateway. And I've already used most of my spare parts, so I'd
really be starting from scratch. The real problem though is that our
apartment is very tiny and there's not really room for another system. So
I'll just have to wait, and gripe. :)

[follow-up to .off-topic.geek]