 Off-Topic / Geek / 604
603  |  605
Subject:
Personal web database of sets...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 15:11:11 GMT

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever tried to put their collection of sets on the web?  I'm trying
to, but having a problem doing it.  I want to create a site where the user is
able to choose a set (preferably from a drop-down menu) in the left frame and
have the set's details appear in the right frame.  I've worked on my page some
and have an idea of how I'd like it to be, but the way I'm doing it will be
too time-intensive.  Right now, I'm making separate pages for each set I have,
but basically the layout and design of all the pages is the same.  Go to
http://www.unc.edu/~stevenkb/train/index.html and you'll see what I'm trying
to accomplish (btw, only the top menu works right now!).

I was thinking if I could create a database with 3 fields (a set title, the
url of the pic, and my personal description), I could have one dynamic page
that gets the information corresponding to the user's choice.  The only
problem is, I've had no experience with web databases.  I know the web and I
know databases, just not together!  If anyone has any suggestions, references,
or resources, I'd greatly appreciate hearing about them.

Thanks,
Steven